As of today, over 700 million mobile subscribers are linked their mobile number with Aadhaar.Today a new method to Link Aadhar Number with mobile connection for verification is announced.In association with UIDAI (Aadhaar issuing Authority) Telecom Operators have implemented an option to verify your mobile connection with Aadhaar by calling a toll free number.Hence you don’t need to submit fingerprints or iris scans.This is the OTP based IVRS method to link Aadhaar card with the mobile number.So you need not visit nearest retailer or mobile operators customer relationship office.Here the steps on How to link Aadhaar with Mobile number using the Toll-Free number and IVRS feature.
Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number using OTP
From today each and every mobile subscriber could Dial a Toll-Free number 14546 and verify their mobile connection with Aadhaar.The purpose of this verification is to ensure the identity of the SIM card user.Hence misuse of mobile SIM cards for criminal activities can be avoided.So let’s check how you could really link Aadhaar card with mobile number easily.
Note down this Toll-Free Number 14546 to which you need to dial call.No worries you could listen to the information in your native language.This is an IVRS facility that means no person or customer care executive will be there to attend your call.An automated system will help you to link aadhaar with the mobile number.Here the detailed steps.
Steps to Link Aadhaar with Mobile number
- Dial 1454 toll-free number.
- Wait for the call to connected with IVRS.
- Now select your language.
- Keep your Aadhaar Card ready, now you need to enter Aadhaar number.
- You will be asked to enter 12 digit Aadhaar number which was printed on Aadhaar card.
- The entered Aadhaar card number will be sent to UIDAI( Aadhaar issuing Authority) for verification instantly.
- Now you will revive an OTP.
- You need to enter this OTP when asked during the call.
- After entering the OTP your Aadhaar verification process is completed.
- Now your call will be disconnected.
- Wait for the confirmation message which says aadhaar linking successful.
Read More >> OTP method to link Aadhaar with mobile Explained.
Read More >> Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number Online.
Link Aadhaar with mobile available through an IVRS call as said above as well as operators website available.Both the facilities as per the directives for generating OTP by UIDAI.
Last Date to verify or Link Aadhaar number with mobile SIM card
31 March 2018 is the deadline to link Aadhaar with mobile number.Now you need not visit retailer shop for verification purpose.Kindly note that this Toll Free number for SIM card verification to link aadhaar number works only in India.The same Toll-free number and IVRS applicable for Airtel, Idea,Vodafone, Bsnl, Aircel and Jio.