Today your ATM card or Debit card is enough for Online transactions and payments such as for shopping ,Online ticket booking,Exam Fee payments,Bill payments,Mobile prepaid recharge..etc.Offline payments are remarkably reducing since most payment gateways supports various Online payment methods such as proceed to pay using your ATM / Debit card,Net banking account,VISA / MasterCard credit card Payments.But you cant pay using your ATM / Debit card or net banking with international websites (websites operating outside India). In such situations you must need a VISA or MasterCard credit card to purchase.Here we will tell you How to use ATM / Debit card as Credit Card for Online transactions.
Note that this tutorial is for State Bank of India ( SBI) customers with activated netbanking account only.Follow these simple steps to use your SBI netbanking account for online payments or transactions on payment gateways which only suggests credit card payments via VISA or MasterCard credit card or Paypal account only.If you are not activated net banking feature on your bank account yet ,contact your Home branch. To activate you need to submit a request by writing simply on a white paper.Instantly you will get a preset password for net banking transactions.To know more about net banking and its features follow the links below .
Steps to use your ATM / Debit card as Credit card
- Go to www.onlinesbi.com
- Log-in to your net banking account by selecting Personal banking ,using your unique user ID and Password
- Select e-Cards (also known as State Bank virtual Cards)
- Enter an amount from your account for which you want to create virtual card
- Note that minimum amount is 100 and Rs 50000 is the maximum limit
- Click to accept the terms and conditions
- Your virtual e card will be generated and this will valid for next 24-48 hours only there after remaining or unused balance amount will be credited back to your account
Virtual card is a one time use card and can only be used for online payments websites that accepts VISA credit cards.No service charges will be issued for generating virtual card but applicable depending upon your transactions made on online websites.
Note :You must have submitted your PAN card number to use this feature. SBI virtual card with unused balance will be automatically credited back to your accout