Gionee Pioneer P4 customers could upgrade their smartphone to latest Android KitKat v4.4 version from today.Gionee P4 is a quad core smartphone with Android JellyBean v4.2.2 Pre installed.The multi tasking MediaTek chip set with 1 GB RAM and 8 GB internal memory made Gionee Pioneer P4 popular among India also.Actually P4 runs on Amigo UI which based on Android Jelly Bean OS.The latest update to Android KitKat ensures added features such as performance optimization and UI modifications.
“Gionee P4 Android KitKat Update Available from 15 August 2014”
Features of this OS up gradation are given below. Before that we will tell you how to update Android KitKat OS for Gionee Pioneer P4. Update available as Over The Air (OTA) .Use Wi-Fi or 3G internet connection to download the Update.Make sure you subscribed at least 1 GB 3G usage data pack since KitKat update size was around 810 MB .
How to Update Android KitKat OS for Gionee Pioneer P4 smartphone?
Unlike Gionee Elife you don’t need to download update package from website and manually install on your smartphone.Follow the steps below to update now.
Step 1 : Go to Menu > Settings > About Phone > Update
Step 2 : Tap Check for new Version wait and it will show as follows,
” Android Update to KitKat ” followed by new version features.
Step 3 : Proceed to Download.
Warnings and Instructions
- Update requires 810 MB data usage so use Wi-Fi or 3G data plan subscription.
- Keep your smartphone battery fully charged.
- Remember during KitKat update you are unable to use call or messages.
- Time required for update followed by a restart depends upon your internet speed.
- Back up phone memory data if you want. but not compulsory.
- You need to install latest updates for already installed apps and games.